Welcome to Andrew Bottomley.com - Antique weapons for sale, Arms & Armour Collectors swords & Firearms.
Original Antique Weapons for sale, including Percussion pistols, Flintlock pistols, Cased pairs of Antique pistols, American Revolvers, Rimfire pistols, Bowie Knives, Scottish Dirks, Basket Hilt Swords, Naval Dirks, Hunting swords, & Firearms-curiosa, from all eras, including Medieval items, The English Civil War, The Crimean war, Napoleonic era, American Civil war, American Revolutionary War, WWI & WWII.
Every item for sale is guaranteed to be original and to be of the period stated.
No Licence is required to purchase genuine Antique weapons in the United Kingdom however you must be over 18 years of age to place an order with us.
No Licence is required to purchase genuine Antique weapons in the United Kingdom however you must be over 18 years of age to place an order with us.
We have been established in the antique weapons business for 47 years, previously selling our antique weapons to worldwide clients, through our long established illustrated mail-order catalogues. We are now using modern technology so this website is the way forward. We hope that you like it and that you will find something of interest.
We carry in stock the largest selection of genuine antique weapons for sale in Great Britain, our business has been established since 1968. We have exported antique weapons to 34 different countries. We will have more antique weapons to add to this website, so please come back and visit again soon. To use the search facility on our website please go to our home page and put your text into the search box then press return. This will assist you to find the item that you are looking for. You can always telephone us for assistance in using this website.
A selection of some of our items available for sale can now be viewed on the following pages. Please remember that these items are original antiques and before placing an order you should expect there to be some degree of age showing. Genuine antiques are rarely in perfect condition and will often have old repairs which are all part of their history, so please keep this in mind and if you are looking for something in brand new condition then antiques are probably not for you. Our descriptions are honest and reliable and we try very hard to describe items fully. Should you be interested in any item, please simply give us a call and we will be only too happy to go through the item in detail with you on the telephone. You can order with complete confidence as customer satisfaction is very important to us. Once you buy from us, you will hopefully be back for more. Any customer buying goods directly from our website by mail has a right to cancel the sales contract within 14 days if there is a genuine reason to return them. Any goods returned must be in the same condition as when we sent it out.
We are always interested to purchase good quality antique weapons and travel worldwide searching for interesting items. If you should be thinking of selling a collection, or a single piece, please get in touch. We always pay good prices and guarantee to pay you more than you would get by selling through auction. Antique weapons always wanted. If you have any antique weapons for sale please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone - office tel 01484-685234 or UK mobile - 07770-398270 or +44-1484-685-234 from overseas, or email us at; firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection of items for sale
* Good quality Brass Barrelled Percussion Pistol with spring bayonet, circa 1840. Good condition. Ref 8249.
* An extremely rare sword with the Hungarian coat-of-arms & crowned head pommel. Good condition. Ref 8829.
* A very attractive European Flintlock pistol of good length, with brass mounts, made around 1760-1790. Ref 7271.
* A very scarce Royal Thai Navy Dagger complete in its original metal scabbard. Very good condition. Ref 8685.
* A fine and rare Caucasian or Russian silver metal covered Flintlock Pistol. Good condition. Ref 8704.
* A very rare Italian Wheelock Blunderbuss with a silver inlaid barrel and an unusual folding stock. Circa 1680. Ref 7730.
* A Napoleonic era British Military Flintlock Cavalry Officer's Pistol made by the world famous Durs Egg. Circa 1800. Ref 8261.
* A Rare 1871 Pattern British Metal Cavalry helmet of the 1st Dragoon Guards. Very good condition. Ref 7284.
* An American Victor No 2 rimfire 5 shot .32 revolver. Circa 1876. Good condition and working order. Ref 8364.
* A Winchester Lever Action Rifle Model 1886, .38-56 obsolete cal. Octagonal Barrel. Full length mag. Good condition. Ref 7525.
* Superb Napoleonic Cavalry Sword with Heavy Brass Hilt. C1760-1790. Blade 38 inches. Very Good Condition. Ref 5969.
* A Rare fully engraved Colt no 3. rimfire Derringer in obsolete .41 cal with nickel plated finish. Good condition. Ref 7767.
* A scarce American Colt's patent No.2 . rimfire derringer pistol in obsolete .41 calibre. Ref 7779.
* A scarce American DEFENDER '89 rimfire revolver in obsolete .32 R/F calibre. Circa 1889. Good condition. Ref 8392.
* A Very rare 19th century single shot Irish Percussion knife-pistol with belt-hook & leather scabbard. Good condition. Ref 8141.
* American Rimfire revolver made by Smith & Wesson .32 R/F. Circa 1870. Very good condition. Obsolete calibre. Ref 6019.
* An American Civil War Era Colt's patent 5 shot 1849 pocket model .31 Calibre Percussion revolver. Good condition. Ref 8347.
* A rare and extremely interesting small size antique percussion single shot "Bootleg" pistol circa 1840-1850. Ref 8098.
* A scarce British 6 shot percussion pepperbox revolver with German silver frame. Circa 1845. Good condition. Ref 8272.
* An English Queen Anne style cannon barrelled percussion pocket pistol. Made circa 1780. Good condition. Ref 8262.
* Antique American .32 Rimfire tip-up Revolver circa 1874-1879, made by DERINGER company of PHILADELPHIA. Ref 8492.
* Balkan or Greek very long all metal Flintlock Pistol. The stock covered overall with Nielloed silver decoration. Ref 7621.
* A fine English 6 shot double action 7 mm antique pinfire revolver with most original blued finish & folding trigger. Ref 8839.
* A Fine Pair of Silver Mounted Turkish Flintlock Pistols, circa 1800. Silver wire inlaid stocks. Good condition. Ref 6492.
* A Scarce American Lion No. 3 Rimfire Revolver. Large calibre 5 shot Cal .38 rimfire. Good condition. Ref 8424.
* A scarce and very unusual American 19th Century Boot Leg single barrelled percussion underhammer pistol. Ref 8467.
* A scarce twelve shot double action Pinfire Revolver. Circa 1865. The action in good working order. Ref 8380.
* A scarce Venetian Sciavona basket hilt sword. Italy 17th century. Complete with its original leather scabbard. Good condition. Ref 8798.
* A very good 18th -19th Century Indian sword with a silver inlaid and highly decorated hilt. Good condition. Ref 8797.
* A very good 19th Century Indian sword Tulwar with a gold inlaid and decorated steel hilt. Very good condition. Ref 8530.
* A rare 54 bore double trigger Tranter's patent Percussion Revolver circa 1850-1855. Exceptional condition. Ref 8602.
* A scarce brass hilted infantry hanger or short sword from the era of the American Revolutionary war. Circa 1775-1783. Ref 8869.
* A very good Scottish Basket Hilted broadsword by Samuel Harvey in its original leather scabbard. Circa 1740. Excellent condition. Ref 8831.
* An American Colt's patent 5 shot 1849 pocket model .31 Calibre Percussion revolver with 4 inch barrel. Good condition. Ref 8116.
* An American WHITNEYVILLE ARMOURY .38 Rimfire 5 shot revolver with unusual long barrel. Circa 1873. Good condition. Ref 8464.
* Armour - A rare 16th century Burgonet helmet with incised decoration. Probably German. Very good condition. Ref 8859.
* A scarce obsolete calibre .38 R/F Forehand & Wadsworth "Swamp Angel" 5 shot American Rimfire Revolver. Circa 1871- 1875. Ref 8421.
* A very good 18th -19th Century Indian sword Tulwar with a Gilt bronze hilt & Gold inlaid decorated curved blade. Ref 8754.
* American .44 calibre Colt Army model 1860 Civil War Era Percussion Revolver in Good Condition, Circa 1861-1865. Ref 6866.
* An extremely rare and unusual British officer's Mameluke sword probably made for The Port of Bristol Police. Ref 8299.
* A good and scarce American Smith's Patent 5 shot Rimfire revolver in the very scarce .41 r/f calibre. Good condition. Ref 8365.
* A rare American Spencer rimfire carbine model 1865 manufactured around the time of the US Civil War. Good condition. Ref 8682.
* A Rare Antique 4 barrelled Sharps .32 Rimfire Derringer, blued finish, early Bird's head wooden grips. Good condition. Ref 8340.
* A rare Colt's Patent No 1 all steel rimfire derringer in .41 R/F calibre. Circa 1860-1870. Good condition. Ref 8264.
* A very attractive and unusual Miquelet Blunderbuss inlaid with bone decoration. Portuguese or Spanish. Ref 8681.
* A very unusual 19th century wide blade short sword with an Eagle's head hilt & crossguard. Very good condition. Ref 8072.
* WHITNEYVILLE ARMOURY .32 Rimfire 5 shot revolver dated 1871. Nickel plated. Bakelite grip. Good condition. Ref 8475.
* A rare British Military Flintlock Pistol marked to the 23rd Light Dragoons dating from the Napoleonic Wars. Circa 1803-1815. Ref 7793.
* A scarce 18th century Continental hunting sword complete in its matching brass mounted leather scabbard. Good condition. Ref 8811.
* A very rare wheelock period powder horn engraved with a hunting scene of figure and Deer. Ref 8528.
* Spanish Silver Inlaid Percussion pistol by Anto.Guisasola, Eibar. Engraved dog's head hammer. Barrel with silver inlay. Ref 5572.
* A scarce Rev War Era Cavalry Officer's sword circa 1760-1780. Half basket guard with 4 main bars. Very interesting blade inscription. Ref 8687.
* A very fine silver mounted Scottish Dirk dating from 1835. Complete with its silver mounted leather scabbard & bi-knife. Ref 8702.
* A very scarce American Colt's patent 6 shot 1849 pocket model .31 Calibre Percussion revolver with the Hartford address. Ref 8353.
* An exceptional 5 shot American antique .32 R/F revolver circa 1875. Named on the top of barrel Union Jack No. 3. Good condition. Ref 8494.
* A Very Good Basket Hilted Broadsword with unusually long blade, Circa 1740-1760. Length 46 inches. Ref 5895.
* An AETNA 3 .38 rimfire 5 shot revolver, a good example of an early spur trigger revolver with fancy bakelite grips. Circa 1880. Ref 8395.
* An extremely fine American .32 rimfire revolver made by Smith & Wesson of Springfield Mass. Good condition. Circa 1865-1870. Ref 8544.
* A scarce Waterloo era British 1796 pattern Cavalry troopers sabre complete in its original steel scabbard. Ref 8764.
* An extremely fine 1796 pattern British infantry officers sword. The blade retaining much of its original blue & gilt decoration. Ref 5938.
* Antique American .32 Rimfire Revolver circa 1865-1875, made by the world famous Smith & Wesson Company. Good condition. Ref 8486.
* A very rare Factory Engraved Colt Pocket .31 Cal Percussion Revolver converted to early cartridge. All matching numbers. Ref 7619.
* American Remington New Model Army .44 calibre 6 shot Percussion Revolver c.1861-1865. Civil war era. Condition almost Mint. Ref 8453.
* An antique and very decorative Indian steel Dhal or shield. 18th-19th century. Good condition. Size 18 inches. Ref 8600.
* ARMOUR - A very good Steel Cabasset Helmet circa 1600-1650. Probably Italian. Good but worn condition. Ref 8622.
* A scarce infantry hanger from the era of the American Revolutionary war. Circa 1775 - 1783. Ref 8168.
* A very fine cased pair of single barrelled percussion pistols made by the world famous London Gunmakers Charles & Henry EGG. Ref 7795.
* A very rare English civil war era Mortuary basket hilted sword circa 1650. Unusual type basket guard. Good condition. Ref 7313.
* * * * * * A big bore Flintlock Officer's Pistol made by Samuel Brunn dating from the Napoleonic Wars. Circa 1790-1810. Ref 8223.
* * * * * * A scarce obsolete calibre .38 R/F Forehand & Wadsworth "Swamp Angel" 5 shot American Rimfire Revolver. Circa 1871- 1875. Ref 8366.
* * * * * * A Victorian period British Coastguard Percussion Pistol. Lock Marked with Crown, V.R. & Tower 1846. Ref 8099.
* * * * * * Fantastic Napoleonic Period Military Flintlock Pistol of Large calibre approx .73 Cal. Circa 1790-1815. Ref 7747
* * * * * A good 18-19th Century Indian sword with a brass inlaid decorated blade. Large Firangi style guard. Ref 7919.
* * * * * A scarce British Military Flintlock Cavalry Officer's Pistol made by "POTTS LONDON". Good condition. Ref 8450.
* * * * * A scarce British Military Napoleonic period Flintlock Cavalry Carbine. Good condition. Ref 8088.
* * * * * A very attractive Balkan area Flintlock pistol with heavy silver mounts, made around 1760-1790. Good condition. Ref 7576.
* * * * * A very rare British Military Flintlock Officer's Pistol engraved on the barrel REVENUE CUTTER - VIGILANT. Good condition. Ref 8094.
* * * * * A very unusual powder horn engraved and inlaid in bone with a hunting scene of a figure on horseback carrying a pistol and sword. Ref 8728.
* * * * * American Starr Percussion Revolver. 44 CAL. Civil War Era. Circa 1861-1865 Excellent condition. Ref 6794
* * * * *A rare Colt model 1861 Navy Percussion revolver. Civil War era. Serial #56**- Early production. Martial marked trigger guard. Ref 7883
* * * * *A very scarce American Colt .41 cal Rimfire 5 shot revolver marked with the makers name; Colt's Pat. F.A Mfg Co. Circa 1875-1885. Ref 8362.
* * * * A Fine 18th /19th century Shamshir with gold inlaid Damascus steel mounts. Complete in its original green cloth covered scabbard. Ref 8238
* * * * A good English single barrelled flintlock pocket pistol with fold down trigger, engraved with the British flag circa 1800. Ref 7387.
* * * * A Rare silver mounted socket bayonet circa 1700. The blade heavily chased with figures. Spanish or Italian. Good condition. Ref 8504.
* * * * A scarce French officer's Military Flintlock Pistol of the Napoleonic Period. Circa 1790-1815. Ref 7787
* * * * Fantastic Napoleonic Period Large Military Flintlock Pistol. Circa 1803-1815. Good Condition. Ref 7712
* * * * Rare Colt no 3. derringer in obsolete .41 calibre. Barrel with London proof marks. Nickel plated overall. Good condition. Ref 7765.
* * * *A French Diplomats sword with a silvered hilt, Eagle embossed shell guard. Mother-of Pearl Grips. Ref 7353.
* * * 18th Century Silver Inlaid Turkish Flintlock Blunderbuss. Extremely Decorative. Circa 1790. Ref 6307
* * * A Brass French Flintlock Naval pistol engraved with an anchor and BIZOUARD A MARSEILLE, C.1790. Ref 7764.
* * * A rare silver mounted gentleman's dagger circa 1890. The silver hilt & scabbard enamelled and inlaid with stones. Very good condition. Ref 8529.
* * * An unusual fighting dirk dating from the time of the Napoleonic Wars. Circa 1780-1815. Ref 6471.